- April 26, 2022 2:30pm - 4:30pm
Learn how to identify the warning signs of a claim and processes for recovering appropriate losses, including the use of the change order method and presentation of claims. This class will discuss key differences between public and private projects, general causes of claims, and basic procedures to follow. Learn how to identify, preserve, document, perfect and quantify your delay and disruption damages.
What You Will Learn
- Entitlement (contract, case law, statutes)
- Risk Shifting Provisions (statutes and contract provisions)
- Notice (purpose, types, content, tips)
- Documentation (correspondence, change order log, meeting minutes, problem log, etc.)
- Scheduling and Scheduling Problems for Contractors
- Common Contract Requirements
- Quantifying Claims
Project Managers, Superintendents, Project Engineers, and others should have at least a sense of how claims work.
Janette Leonidou, Leonidou & Rosin Professional Corp.