- April 07, 2022 2:30am - 4:30pm PDT
Contracts are at the heart of every construction project. And whether administering prime contracts, sub-contracts, or purchase orders, the required contractual tasks can be overwhelming. This 2-hour window into the life of a Contract Administrator will serve as an excellent overview of the contracting life cycle and critical associated tasks. Participants will work through identifying essential requirements, setting up effective systems, and managing within them. From negotiations to final closeout, every important step is considered.
What You Will Learn
- How to create essential tools that assist in the administration of contracts
- Define and understand roles, responsibilities, and authority levels under the contract
- How prudent contract administration helps to build healthy relationships
- Learn how the contract itself is a management tool, minimizing problems and issues
- What happens when things change? Understand and manage contract modifications
- Understand inspection, acceptance, and payment provisions of the contract
- Understand, apply, and enforce flow-down provisions
- The relationship between project closeout and contract administration
Project Administrators, Project Engineers, Project Managers who have no supporting Contract Administrators.
Paul Stout, Power Summit