- May 18, 2021 1:00pm - 2:00pm
This overview of the Basic Inspection of Terminal (BIT) Inspection program explains how it has evolved into what it is now. While there are no significant changes to required documentation other than the time base of the inspection interval, you will gain and retain compliance with the California BIT Program.
What You Will Learn:
- What a BIT is, and how it has evolved
- Who is Subject to a BIT Inspection
- How a smaller truck pulling a trailer can cause you to be subject to a BIT Inspection
- What we will need from you to complete a BIT Inspection – Actual Equipment and Records
- What causes a “Satisfactory” vs. “Unsatisfactory” vs “Conditional” rating
Who Should Attend:
Anyone who operates a vehicle or vehicles with a GVWR of 10000 lbs. or more and or requires a commercial license or a Hazardous material permit.
Simon DeCasas, CHP Motor Carrier Specialist 1