- May 25, 2021 1:00pm - 2:00pm
This course will review the Basic Level 1 Inspection criteria for a roadside inspection and the purpose of the Scales to inspect the size, weight, equipment, and emissions of the vehicles. You will learn what triggers a Level I Inspection and how a PrePass works at the scales.
What You Will Learn:
- What officers are looking for when your trucks go through the scales.
- What is considered “red flags” that cause us to take a closer look at the truck and the driver’s paperwork.
- What is considered a “Fix-It” ticket vs. a violation vs. an out-of-service (OOS) violation and how it impacts a CSA score.
- What is a proper operating authority? DOT number?
Who Should Attend:
Anyone who operates regulated vehicles.
Mark Fisher, CHP Officer
Simon DeCasas, CHP Motor Carrier Specialist 1