- October 06, 2022 2:30pm - 3:30pm
Basic Level 1 Inspection criteria for a roadside inspection and the purpose of the Scales is to inspect the size, weight, equipment, and emissions of the vehicles. We will discuss what triggers a Level I Inspection and how a PrePass works at the scales.
What You Will Learn
- This class will give vehicle owners an idea of precisely what the Officers are looking for when trucks go through the scales.
- We will also discuss what we consider to be “red flags” that cause us to take a closer look at the truck and the driver’s paperwork.
- We will discuss what is considered a “Fix-It” ticket vs. a violation vs. an out-of-service (OOS) violation and how they impact your CSA score.
- Do you have proper operating authority? DOT number?
Anyone who operates a vehicle or vehicles with a GVWR of 10000 lbs. or more and or requires a commercial license or a Hazardous material permit.
Officer Ron Liemer, CHP